Assistant Professor - Biological Sciences - University of Toledo
The Department of Biological Sciences at The University of Toledo is seeking to fill tenure-track assistant professor faculty positions. Departmental research strengths include immunology, cancer biology, reproductive biology, cell biology, molecular neuroscience, model organism research, plant biology and cell cycle regulation, unified by a common interest in cellular structure and cytoskeletal dynamics. Other departments in the College of Medicine on the nearby Health Science Campus of the university complement these areas. Facilities include a modern research complex with updated laboratories and access to outstanding instrumentation including super-resolution microscopy. Preference will be given to candidates whose interests enhance existing research strengths, and take full advantage of available advanced instrumentation.
- Ph.D. in Biological Sciences, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Neuroscience, Immunology, or a closely related discipline.
- Relevant Post-Doctoral experience. Demonstrated track record of peer reviewed publications and research excellence. Experience in submitting and/or obtaining external grant support a plus Communication and other skills.
- Demonstrated ability in relating research results to others within and outside of the discipline
- Demonstrated ability to write successful grant applications to external funding agencies a plus.
- Ability to convey complex material to undergraduate and graduate students.
- Interest in developing interdisciplinary research programs with other UT faculty on the Main and Medical Campuses
- Demonstrated undergraduate teaching experience preferred
- Demonstrated graduate teaching experience preferred
Required Applicant Documents: Cover Letter Curriculum Vitae List of at least three references
Special Instructions to Applicants: Interested candidates must apply with a letter of application, curriculum vitae, statements of teaching and research interests, and the names and contact information of three references. Email inquiries may be directed to email@example.com The University of Toledo is an equal access, equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and educator.