Bacterial Pathogenesis Journal Club
Virtual meeting via Zoom: https://umich-health.zoom.us/j/2448859189?pwd=bTFkZ3dFOTM3MjAyakVSUExsZTk2Zz09
BACTERIAL PATHOGENESIS JOURNAL CLUB 2020 - 2021
We'll be having BPJC on Monday (November 16th) at 10 AM. Dr. Marco Cassone from Geriatric Medicine will be presenting: Streptococcus pneumoniae Elaborates Persistent and Prolonged Competent State during Pneumonia-Derived Sepsis (See download)
Some guidelines about presentations:
- Presentations should be ~30-45 min.
- The paper to be presented must be emailed to Arwen Frick-Cheng (firstname.lastname@example.org) as a PDF by Friday one week before the presentation. It is the responsibility of the lab PI to assign presenters for the journal club.
- Papers should represent a substantial contribution or address an interesting question in the field. Here are some suggestions: novel strategies to combat infections, microbial pathogenesis and climate change, co-infections. It could really be anything you find interesting - the key is to get a discussion going! Please email any of us if you are feeling stuck choosing a paper, we will be more than happy to forward you our suggestions.
- Suggested format:
- Introduction of the bigger question to be discussed and why we should care about it
- Explain the gap in our knowledge that the paper aims to address
- Figures from the paper (NOTE: you do NOT have to go through every figure, the goal is to effectively convey and discuss the message in the paper)
- Conclusions & future questions
If for some reason your lab is unable to present in the assigned slot, please arrange a substitution with another lab and e-mail Arwen Frick-Cheng (email@example.com) about any scheduling changes